GAME 7 ROSTER
PLEASE BEWARE THERE MAY BE SONGS WITH EXPLICIT LANGUAGE IN THE PLAYERS' PLAYLIST. TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY GAME, PLAYERS MUST USE RADIO-EDITED SONGS.
HOW IT WORKS
In the Song vs Song Series (SvS), the independent artists compete with their songs in a pro sports league-style season that includes a draft, 4 regular season games, a playoff, and a league championship. Players compete with songs that must be listed on either Spotify or Apple Music. Winners can earn prizes from cash or prizes that contribute to further promoting/marketing their music.
Per game, players must pay a $25 dollar submission fee. The fee can either be paid upfront or come out of the player's payout. Current season previous game winners do not have to pay a submission fee.
Players must get drafted to each regular season game's 16-player roster. Roster spots are determined by a public vote. Determine on the number of submissions received for that specific game will determine the number of voting rounds. Players that finish in the top 16 will earn a roster spot to compete in that upcoming game. Players are paid per vote received.
REGULAR SEASON GAMES
The regular season games are the SILVER MIC, GOLDEN MIC, PLATINUM MIC, and DIAMOND MIC. Games matches are displayed on our website. Games are contested as single-elimination tournaments, with up to 4-rounds in each game (ROUND OF 16, QUARTER-FINAL, SEMI-FINAL, and CHAMPIONSHIP).
Songs in each match are scored by judges and voted on by the public.
JANUARY: Silver Mic
FEBRUARY: Golden Mic
MARCH: Platinum Mic
APRIL: Diamond Mic
MATCH DISPLAY EXAMPLE IS SHOWN BELOW:
Each match's winner is determined by a combination of the judge's scores and public vote percentage. Winners will advance until either eliminated or win the game championship. Players eliminated can enter any other upcoming game but will need to pay their $25 dollar submission fee and go through the draft.
Players must reach the championship round of any regular season game to automatically clinch a MICOFFS berth. The MICOFFS game could either be a virtual game, which is the same as the regular season games, or metaverse, which means players would need to perform in front of a green screen. If the game requires players to perform, players will then be scored and voted on both performances and songs. In the MICOFFS, players must reach the semi-final round to clinch a SUPER MIC berth.
MAY: MICOFFS (2nd Saturday)
JUNE: SUPER MIC (1st Saturday)
WHAT PLAYERS RECEIVE:
- International exposure
- Organic increase in Spotify/Apple Music streams
- Massive promotion across all social media
- Players are promoted on digital game flyers
- MSU (Music-Sports University), our online education portal on entrepreneurship, music industry business, and more
- Game champions are paid up to $500 per game (payout is determined by the number of submissions received per games)
- 25% discount on additional song promotions (radio airplay, EPKs, Spotify promotions, etc.)
- Free webinar entrepreneurship/music business education per month (MSL Seminar Series)
SONG SUBMISSIONS RULES:
- Song/Beat must be listed on Spotify or Apple Music (No exceptions)
- Players may only submit one (1) song/beat per game (Players will be asked to provide the song link)
- players may register as either a solo artist or a group. (groups will be scored as a solo artists)
- players' songs must be radio-edited.
- Submissions must be made via our Eventbrite page (A link will be provided once the next game's submissions round opens)
SvS 2023 SCHEDULE
Feb 16th - 18th
GAME THREE SUBMISSIONS ROUND:
Feb 13th - 24th
Mar 9th - 12th
GAME FOUR SUBMISSIONS ROUND:
Mar 6th - 17th
Mar 30th - Apr 2nd
GAME FIVE SUBMISSIONS ROUND:
Mar 27th - Apr 7th
Apr 13th - 16th
GAME SIX SUBMISSIONS ROUND:
Apr 10th - 21st
May 3rd - 6th
GAME SEVEN SUBMISSIONS ROUND:
May 1st - 12th
May 25th - 28th
GAME EIGHT SUBMISSIONS ROUND:
May 22nd - Jun 2nd
Jun 15th - 18th
Jul 6th - 8th
SUPER MIC: SvS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Jul 29th (Date is subject to change)